Gotz' Gto Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gotz
Ultra Super Saiyan 2

Style: RoyaleXP (6467)
In Bank: 0 Rupees
Loaned: 0 Rupees
Jobs: Avid Poster, WhatPulse Team, Moderator
Credit: 6206 Rupees

View Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Gotz' Gto Project Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So, I got this car in May of 2007. Threw it in the garage in Sept. 2007 to make it a project. In the process, while I was saving, I bought my dads accord to get me around, but...turned that into a little project also, which wasn't too expensive, but that's another topic. Laughing

2005 Pontiac GTO ls2

Last edited by Gotz on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[ IP : Logged ]
Gotz
Ultra Super Saiyan 2

View Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Now, for the updates. As I was ordering the parts, and taking shit off the car, I took photos. I tried resizing the photos the best I could, but I kept some a tad bigger than others, because you can't see details with 'em bein' so small.

I'll start first, by posting the parts I took off the car, waiting for my parts to come in. Wink

Intake Manifold. Gonna be sorta lonely, since the Charger replaces this part. Sad

Took the block and head's apart. Talk about fillthhyyy.

But, we fixed 'em up while waiting..

As for the tranny, why the tranny oil's black...not sure. Only has 6,000 miles on it.

I wasn't lying when I said I pulled the whole suspension off. Here's the whole front end of the chasis, waiting to install the struts, springs, upgraded control arms, bushings, joints, etc.

Last edited by Gotz on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gotz
Ultra Super Saiyan 2

View Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Now, for when the parts came in the mail. Laughing

So, ordered slotted rotor upgrade kit (front and back), with Force upgraded calipers. Shit that pissed me off, is that the kit didn't come with brake pads. Duhhhh, c'mon people.

The lingenfelter kit's arrived! (suspension also, but they're the boxes back by the wall)

Yea booyy. Lingenfelters.. Magnuson M122 Magnacharger intercooled supercharger, which came with a 160 degree thermostat, intercooler, intake (didn't install yet), upgraded injectors, and upgraded fuel system supplies. We can't install this bad boy yet, because I'll end up tryna drive it without suspension upgrades and such, so we did everything else first. This part was put on last, so it sat for awhile, while it collected dust and got itself dirty. This is when I first took it out of the box.

So, suspension's done. Working on the exhaust at this time, which you can see...the magnacharger's still in the mix. Magnaflow exhaust system, headers-back. My buddy Brent helped me weld it together, since he's gotta welder and all. He helped me with most of this project, which is why I can't wait until we Turbo his Cobalt. He'll need someone to tune it for him, and that's the part he was dreading the most. Not anymore.

Overall cost for all of the parts, put about a 10,400 dollar dent in my pocket. This isn't including the tuning software I needed to get, which I did (EFI Live FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune), which cost another 500. They lowered the price on the Lingenfelter kit, since I wasn't getting it professionally installed, so with that extra cash, I upgraded the suspension with it, so overall...about a $11,000 project, in the outcome.

Gotz
Ultra Super Saiyan 2

View Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Now, for the installation of the Charger! Best part.

So, we put the engine back together, and threw the tranny in it after a few IRS upgrades. Upgrades to the stock kaaz tranny/rear end, were..

-3.73 Gears
-Major install kit
-Harrop Cover
-Cross Member Bushings
-BMR 3.5" Alum DS
-BMR Axle Stubs
-BMR Half Shafts
-BMR Drag Bags
-BMR Sub Frames
-HAL QA1 Shocks
-SLP Rear Sway Bar

The Charger's in! (not bolted quite yet). And I wasn't kidding when I said it got itself dirty. haha, but at this moment, we were routing the vaccuum lines. (throttle body isn't on yet)

Successful. Polished it back up, and we were back in the game. Job's complete. Threw the sway bar on, and the last thing to do, was to tune it. But, someone on here motivated me to tune it, so I could finally show this thing off. Thanks.

For those of you who are interested in seeing the results, check 'em out. This video was yesterday, when it was nice as shit outside.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/GotzaMaro4u/freeza-inc/?action=view&current=gotzhighwayrun.flv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> Cars All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Tell a friend about f.i.

Jump to: