Freeza Inc Rules and Regulations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> Locked topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiii
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Style: subSilver (5838)
In Bank: 0 Rupees
Loaned: 0 Rupees
Jobs: Unemployed
Credit: 808 Rupees

View Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Freeza Inc Rules and Regulations Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Alright. I just want to clarify some of the rules on the boards. We're not trying to be nazi's here or anything, we just want to keep the peace. I mean this place is all about fun, but we have to draw the line in some cases. I guess everything has to have rules, right? We all want you to have fun but at the same time keep things organized and sane. And with that here are the rules:

1. Show respect, get respect. This is just common sense. Don't flame, don't put down people, don't try and make someone else look like less of a person. Kidding around and poking fun at your friends once and a while is all well and good, but once it gets serious we're going to have represent.

2. Show some maturity when posting. Yes, i know this board is just for fun and most of us aren't going to take things too seriously. But I do expect some show of maturity from the general public. You want to have fun, okay. You want to joke around, okay. I'm not stopping that. But if you're going to post, at least make it sound like it's not coming from a 5 year old.

3. Don't post whore. "What's post whoring?" you ask. Well that's when people start posting things like "LOL!" "Me too!" etc. etc. that have no substance to them. Once in a while is fine, but if you do this like every other post this shit gets annoying, fast. So please refrain from replying with one word posts. If you do, expect them to be deleted.

4. Post in the right topic, and ONLY that topic. If you're posting in the "Music" section about something refering to the new shoes you just bought expect that shit to be deleted. Also any topics that contain pictures should be posted only in the threads SPECIFICALLY made for images. Freeza hooked you guys up with the attachment option for your convenience, but please use them appropriately.

5. Don't post a new thread about something that already HAS a thread. Topics are sticky for a reason, these are the threads that are generalized to topics you guys will probably post the most in. Posting your own topics and starting your own threads is great. In fact we encourage that, but we don't need 13 threads about the same thing. So make a LITTLE effort on trying to find a current relevant thread before posting a new one, thnx.

6. Don't "bump" a thread. For those NOT familiar with this, it's the act of post whoring to just make sure a thread doesn't drop too far down on the list, which is sorted from most recent to least recent, by order of last post. Usually, this is done by just writing *bump* in the post. If you care that much about the thread, post something with some substance okay? If we see too much of this you WILL see the bumped threads get locked or possibly even deleted.

7. Don't post a retarded sized image just for a few words. Some people on the boards are still on dial-up modems, and huge ass files will slow down their ability to read the boards. Yes, you might have a hilarious picture or cool image you want to show, but if it's going to take forever to load it's not worth it. Like I said before pictures should only be posted in image threads anyway so atleast the person on a slow connection can avoid these topics. If possible use links to your images instead of putting them in the actual post. If you are going to post pictures in a non-image thread try to make sure they're of a small file size and RELEVANT to the topic, this is fine once in a while, but if you post multiple images your post will probably be edited. In the threads made for images, post as many pictures as you want. That's what they are for.

8. Don't horizontal scroll. If your post makes people have to scroll off to the right to read the other posts on the page we'll edit the post or delete the thread completely. Just please save us the trouble, this is rather simple to avoid... just don't have a 75-letter long word.

9. Don't overuse the Emoticons. Having them used in a post is fine. But posts that consist of JUST emoticons will get deleted. The same goes for posts in which excessive numbers of emoticons are used. We don't need to see 37 smileys to realize you found something funny.

10. Don't create a thread for something where a PM would suffice. Threads directed solely at one person will get locked immediately. If you want to talk to someone or ask them something, try PMs or IMs. There's buttons underneath their posts and in their profiles for this.

11. Don't flame. "What's flaming?" Basically, flaming is insulting, threatening, or otherwise putting down another person online. This usually results in people responding to this, sometimes with flames of their own. Things like this have resulted in threads being locked and/or moved, people being warned and/or banned, and can even result in the entire forum being locked.

12. Don't flamebait either. That's trying to entice someone into flaming you, by saying things that will knowingly incite anger in people. To the mods, this is just another way of flaming, and it will be dealt with similarly.

13. If you feel you've been warned and/or had a thread locked for an improper reason, PM the mod. We're reasonable people. Sometimes a thread will be locked for the wrong reason. There will be situations where we might interpret something incorrectly or take something the wrong way. In cases like this, PM the mod and explain why you think we should unlock a thread. We make mistakes too, and if we fuck something up, we'll do our best fix it.

That's about it for now. I'll probably add more later to this if necessary. Remember guys, most of this shit is common sense and goes without saying. Most of us are all friends here and don't really need to hear this from me. On that note everyone just be cool and everything should be fine. For the most part, this is all you really need to know:

1) Don't be a forum rat and annoy people.

Everything else follows from that, really.

That is all.

-xiii out
[ IP : Logged ]
Trunten
Shifty Ninja
Super Saiyan 3

Style: RoyaleXP (6467)
In Bank: 0 Rupees
Loaned: 0 Rupees
Jobs: Unemployed
Credit: 8153 Rupees

View Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would like to remind our members of the following:

Any and all polls that are created must go into the Poll Station. If you place them any where else, they will be moved there.

Please do not "multi post", which is posting another message after you all ready posted one. If you feel like you forgot to say something, or would just like to correct yourself or anything else, please just go back and edit your previous post instead of posting another one. Or at least wait until another member replies after that message.

Multiple accounts are not allowed, please do not create an extra one if you all ready have one. If you are caught with one, it will be deleted. We will change your name if you want a name change, just contact a staff member.

Also, before posting a thread about something, please search to see if it all ready exists first.

These are our rules here, please follow them.

Thank you.
[ IP : Logged ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> Locked topics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Tell a friend about f.i.

Jump to: