Grand Theft Auto 4: PC version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> PC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gourry
Cool Member
Cool Member

Style: subSilver (5838)
In Bank: Hidden
Loaned: 0 Rupees
Jobs: Poster
Credit: 32 Rupees

View Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Grand Theft Auto 4: PC version Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

while i would love to say more and better things about this game, it came packaged with DRM from Sony's SecuROM, which promptly made me cancell me advanced/reserved copy. Granted GTA4 DOESN'T have the securom's limited install options, Rockstar does the same tactic they did when the Hot Coffee mod was released on the PC (and subsequently, the PS2/xbx) version. Days before the release, a rockstar representative said that (paraphrasing here) 'if GTA4 was broken, it was caused to pirates and securoms absent coding'. Remember, that was paraphrased.

So what happens? OMG!! LEGIT copies suffer the same fate as the 'pirated copies', but in fact, whats this? the 'opened-sourced' 'pirating' community fixed those problems within a week, while rockstar sat back and blamed thier own 'poor port' on the PC community (like they did with hot coffee; 'it's not US, its THEM (later proven wrong, since the code existed on even the ps2 versions, which are write-protected))).

Did i mention that each copy of GTA for PC included a rootkit (which was cracked by leet crackers who spawn on IRC)? Remember kiddies, rootkits are bad, its an outdated technology that hackers used on windows 95... pretty old huh?)

SO ANYWAYS:

i downloaded a rootkit free version of gta4 (google: pirate bay gta 4 razor1911) and installed it. God i had problems up the ass after the install, so of course i search the web looking for answers. I remember that rockstar employee who said that (paraphrased) 'pirated copies wont work so well, graphics or other bullshit makes it not useable... etc. governor , fuckhead'. Well, he was kinda right, BUT, as it turns out, LEGITMATE BUYERS of the same game had THE SAME FUCKING PROBLEMS!!!

Rockstar tryied selling us a partially-finished game and tried blaming it on 'pirates' for not working, assuming most ppl would 'pirate' gta4, but guess what?!! OMG! i fucking BOUGHT a LEGIT COPY of the game, and it was still bugged up the ass!! No fucking radar to follow, missing textures AND the only way i can control the game is with my mouse and keyboard since my USB 2.0 controller wasn't an 'xbox 360 controller' made for windows (thanks butt-fucked MS - LIVE 'we SHIT on you and you have to take it' games).

So what do i do? do i take that 50$ i paid for a pre-registered game and then take it up the ass like a 'good-little MS fanboy'? HELL, MOTHERFUCKING NO!! I search the web for a properly cracked version of GTA 4 and i find a (google: xinput gta4) hack so i can play this game with my already bought PC version of GTA4. ANd guess what? OMG, it works!!

Rockstar claimed they couldnt make a fix for controllers until after xmas (which they mostly stand by). but OMG!! a 'hack' makes it work on an opend sourced project... see how much sooner 'bugs' get fixed on an open-source project (then again, why open source it, when xbox 360 usb controller for windows costs 60$ a pop + concessions)?

Bah, i've ranted enough...
GTA 4: PC, maybe its owrth it, but i dont really know since i spent 3 days tracking a securom-free version with my store bought copy (which i have returned for my money back) and a working .dll for xinput (which came in XP service pack 3... no wonder they wanted you to have sp3 for XP, they wanted to get another 60$ out of you dumbasses)!

All in all, from a LEGIT owner of the game, GTA 4 for the PC... this is my overall score, ranking, opinion...

Get a cracked version of the game (see above), get a crack for the game (see above), get a hack for the .dll xinput support (see above), but for gos sake, DON'T BUY the LEGIT copy, it is nothing but trash and it isnt even worth being a coaster in my house.

GET A CRACKED VERSION, its FUCKLOADS more stable than any 'official' release of the game.
[ IP : Logged ]
gourry
Cool Member
Cool Member

Style: subSilver (5838)
In Bank: Hidden
Loaned: 0 Rupees
Jobs: Poster
Credit: 32 Rupees

View Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i wih there was an EDIT button on this default style... i;ve a,lready found many errors in my post when proof-reading (yea i know, i should proof it first, and THEN post it, thats what the preview option is for, yadda yadda yackety smackety (do ppl even still use 'yadda-yadda' or 'yackety-smackety'?) >_<
[ IP : Logged ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    freeza inc. Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Tell a friend about f.i.

Jump to: